Monday, October 1, 2007

Monday, Monday



Monday's Goals
Exercise: Strength
Calories: 1400

Monday's Accomplishments
Exercise: Strength
Calories: 1400



I got up early today and did The Firm's Total Body Shaping Mix. This is a really thorough, hour-long strength training workout with cardio intervals. As always, I rebound during the cardio segments. Great workout!

Back when I started my fitness and diet program on January 1, I decided to weigh and measure myself on the 1st of every month and take photos as a record of my progress. I figured the photos (especially) would be inspiring. I did keep up with that for the first 5-6 months but I fell off the wagon over the summer (as did my program to a degree). So today I started back up with my monthly weigh-in, measurements and photos.

The good news is - although I had gained about 7 pounds back over the summer of the weight I had lost between January and June, over the past month or so I have lost it all and am back to my weight of June - so from this point forward I will be back on track with weight loss. In addition, I have lost an additional 1.25 inches since June, so I am officially ahead of the game. My total weight loss so far to date is 27.2 pounds. I have lost 19.1 inches.

Speaking of weight, I was thinking about it this morning and although I have a target weight in mind (the same weight I was when I got married) - what I am most interested in is my size, and degree of muscle tone, not my weight. I realize that a large part of a person's weight is determined by muscle composition, and muscle weighs more than fat and I am definitely getting more muscular. So as long as I am toned and get down to size 8-10, I will consider myself at goal, even if my weight is higher than I had in mind. The actual number on the scale is secondary. How I feel and look is the most important.

I was right on target with my calories today. I had a shake for breakfast (300). For lunch I had some of that butternut squash soup I made yesterday (240) and a slice of Tuscan Pane bread with butter (247). For a sweet tooth satisfier I had some hard candies (90). For dinner I had a pita pizza which I made a little differently this time. For toppings I used vegetarian "sausage" and feta cheese (520).



1 comment:

dlvblueyed said...

I agree with you about being fit and not focusing on weight amounts. It really is important to feel good about yourself and not be fixated on a number.

Great job getting back on track!
Your dedication is so impressive!!
Keep it up!