Friday, October 5, 2007

Good Problems

Friday's Goals
Exercise: Strength
Calories: 1800

Friday's Accomplishments
Exercise: None
Calories: 1500 (I switched days with an earlier day this week when I felt hungry so making up for it today with fewer calories)

Unfortunately, I WAY overslept this morning and I did not have time to workout. I also had plans immediately after work, so I couldn't work out after work either. What happened was, I woke up in the middle of the night last night (one of our boys who shall remain nameless was caterwalling full-volume like a maniac and it was echoing all through the house) and then my mind was going and I could not get back to sleep. This is very atypical for me - I am a very good sleeper and this happens very rarely. Anyway, I was up for probably an hour or so in the middle of the night, so that threw my sleep off and I overslept. I don't use an alarm clock...my body has an internal clock and I wake up exactly at the right time every morning like clock work (except on the rare occasion like last night).

So I was supposed to have a rest day this Sunday so I'll probably just switch with today and make today my rest day and work out on Sunday. No damage done!

My calories were right on target today. I had my shake for breakfast (300). For lunch I went out and had a slice of pizza and a can of Coke - a real treat (740) and for dinner I had some of the leftover fried tilapia from last night on high-fiber bread with cheddar and mustard (460).

I had a positive clothes experience this morning. I got dressed for work and put on this knit top I've had for a couple years now. Well, it USED to cling to me and I almost felt self-conscious in it because I felt that my stomach bulges were too pronouced in it. Well, today I put it on and it is literally DRAPING off me like a curtain. I think this will be the last time I wear it and it's going into the Goodwill bag because it's just looking too big. The shoulders keep falling down and my bra strap pokes out because it's too loose on me.

I was thinking about how expensive this weight loss endeavor is going to be. Between the bracelet and charms (which are expensive) and all the new clothes I have to buy to replace the ones I am getting rid of, it's really putting a strain on the finances. But I guess I could have worse problems, right? :)

No comments: