Saturday, October 6, 2007

Happiness is a Belly Full of Brio!

Saturday's Goals
Exercise: Cardio
Calories: 3000

Saturday's Accomplishments
Exercise: Strength
Calories: 3000

This morning I did not feel like working out. We had a funeral to go today and I was not feeling in the mood for a tough workout. But since I skipped the workout yesterday, I decided not to skip 2 days in a row and I dragged my butt into the workout room and did Tom Holland's Total Body Workout.

Since yesterday was supposed to be a strength training day and I didn't work out yesterday, I decided to change today's workout from cardio to strength.

As for the diet, today was my 3000 calorie "splurge" day and splurge I did! All week I had been dreaming of Dunkin' Donuts so guess what I had for breakfast? Yep. You guessed it.

After the funeral, there was a luncheon reception at the church but one look at the bland lunchlady food and I decided to forego it altogether - it wasn't worth the calories. Instead, hubby and me stopped at Brio for a late lunch/early dinner and we had an absolutely delicious meal. I couldn't resist and ended up ordering the same entree I got the last time I went to Brio - the scrumptious mushroom ravioli al forno. Holy moly that is one rich, fattening dish and let me tell you - I relished every morsel of it!!! We also shared an appetizer of bruschetta topped with portobello mushrooms and fontina cheese and I had creme brulee for dessert. Yes, I SPLURGE on my splurge day and I do not blink one eyelash at it. I deserve it!!! That's the beauty of calorie cycling!

That meal was so big and so heavy, I didn't need to eat the rest of the day.

1 comment:

Mama Leone said...

Thanks for getting me back on the blog. I am so proud of your weight loss! You motivate me every time I read something you wrote or talk with you. Stick with it. YOur lunch sounded delicious!