Thursday, October 25, 2007

An Off Day


Thursday's Goals
Exercise: Strength
Calories: 2000

Thursday's Accomplishments
Exercise: Rest
Calories: 3000

I overslept today, plus I had an early meeting at work so no time for exercise this morning. As it turns out, I was feeling a little in need of a rest today after the tough swimming and cardio workout yesterday so I am not too worried about it. I generally try to stick to my exercise program but I do listen to my body and when it feels like it's worn down, I take a break.

Anyway, before I talk about my calories, I wanted to share a couple more happy moments. I came into work and stopped in to see one of my staff members who was busy at work. She looked up and me and exclaimed, "Wow! You are really getting thin - especially in the face! Boy, I can't even imagine what you're going to look when you're a size 8!" She then went on to add how much younger I look now and added "you were always pretty but now - WOW!". So that made my morning. And THEN, as if this was not enough to make my day, I floated into the meeting and another staff member said, "wow - did you lose more weight over the weekend? You look thinner! Especially in your face!" So something must be going on where the weight is really coming off my face now because I have been getting a lot of comments on this (in fact, Mama Leone also commented on my face looking thinner when I saw her Sunday night).

And now on to the calories. I decided to do a little adjusting this week and make today my splurge day because I just was HUNGRY from morning until night and felt I needed to eat. So that's what I did. I didn't even write down everything I was eating so I am not going to report individual calorie amounts. So the plan is to switch Saturday's calorie allotment with today. I'll have 2000 on Saturday instead.

The great thing about this program is that I don't have to feel guilty or "bad" about this...I simply switch days and no damage done! Love it. With every other plan I have ever been on, you're either "on" (i.e. "good") or "off" (i.e. "bad") and once you are "bad", you get so discouraged and angry at yourself that you are more prone to throwing in the towel and quitting altogether. Not with this plan.

1 comment:

dlvblueyed said...

Well, it is all about flexibility so it is important to listen to your body. You look great and I am sure the people are noticing because of how hard you are working. Keep it up!!