Friday, October 19, 2007

Dismay Mixed with Happiness

Friday's Goals
Exercise: Cardio
Calories: 1800

Friday's Accomplishments
Exercise: Cardio
Calories: 1800


(Okay, a disclaimer....this photo is not me, but the girdle is similiar to the one I talk about below).
I didn't feel like working out this morning - I was feeling a little run down and tired, but I dragged myself outside for a walk anyway. I walked for 45 minutes at a healthy pace (although no jogging today, as I didn't have that much energy).

I did well with my calories today despite eating one meal out. For breakfast I had a shake (300). I was at a meeting this afternoon and they provided us with lunch. I had a large round roll with what I guessed to be 2 ounces of cheese and 1 tbs of mayonnaise (about 684), a large Coke (250), 1/2 cup of pasta salad (estimated at 135) and 1/2 cup of fruit salad (50). I was craving chocolate later in the afternoon so I decided to have that instead of dinner (390). Now that it's 8:30 p.m. and I am hungry, I regret the chocolate but I am not going to eat anything else.

Out of curiosity, I pulled my wedding dress out tonight to see how far I still have to go (remember, my goal is to be back at my wedding size). I was dismayed to discover that I REALLLLLY have a way to go! The back of the dress (where it zippers) is WAY apart...the gap between the zipper closing is about 5 inches wide. I was shocked! It disgusts me when I think of how out of control I let my size get. Oh well. I am on the right path now and it's all forward momentum now.

The red gala dress fits a little better, although it's still too snug to wear to the gala (it's too clingy on my stomach area and I look too bulgy in it - especially since the satin material reflects light and emphasizes bulges). I have this girdle-type thingie that I bought a long time ago so I tried the red dress on while wearing that. The girdle I have is an extremely tight-squeezing, extra-high waisted panty-type thing and although it is very effective at smoothing out and flattening tummy bulge, the fat has to go somewhere, so it gets pushed UPWARDS, creating a roll of fat above the waistline of the girdle and rendering the torture device totally useless.

But now a happy thing to report...about 2-3 weeks ago when I was doing my summer-to-fall clothing switcharoo, I came across these cool velvet pants that I had gotten too big for and haven't worn in years. I used to wear these in the last band I was in (in 2000). Anyway, out of curiosity, I tried them on and I was delighted that I was able to squeeze into them - they were tight and I had to suck my gut in and use some muscle to get the zipper up, but I was just thrilled to get them on at all!

Tonight (3 weeks later) I decided to try them on again to see if they fit any better and guess what? They are borderline LOOSE on me now! In only 3 weeks!

Oh, and my wedding ring is about falling off of me. I keep telling myself to hold off getting it resized because I know I still have a way to go and don't want to have to pay to get it resized twice, but I think I may have no choice. It's literally about to slide off my finger. And to think, just a year or so ago, I had to have it resized UP because I couldn't get it off my fat finger (the jeweler literally had to cut it off me to resize it because there was no getting that ring off).

So a mixture of dismay and happiness today, but I guess that's how it will be for awhile. I am thrilled about my progress, but I am aware that I still have a haul to get to my goal. That's okay. As long as I am making steady progress, I can be patient.


2 comments:

dlvblueyed said...

I know you are working so hard at achieving you goal. I am glad to hear that you are realizing what tremendous gains(actually losses)you have achieved. It can be a bit tough at times to realize where you want to go, but at least you are achieving constant success now. The saying "Slow but steady wins the race" is probably most appropriate with this program.

Keep up the hard work!

Mama Leone said...

I cannot tell you how happy I am with this diet and every time I read about your weight losses, it just encourages me more. Keep up the good work! I hope to some day get back into my wedding and engagement rings also.