Thursday, October 11, 2007

A Zen Workout and a Sweet Tooth

Thursday's Goals
Exercise: Cardio
Calories: 1800

Thursday's Accomplishments
Exercise: Yoga
Calories: 1800


I didn't feel like doing cardio this morning, so I did yoga instead: Total Yoga: The Flow Series - Water, which is one of my favorites. I felt so great afterwards.

I did well on my diet today, calorie-wise...right on schedule, although I did eat a lot of junk today. I was having one of those sugar craving days. For breakfast I broke my shake routine and had a slice of high fiber bread topped with 2 scrambled eggs, 1 slice of vegetarian "bacon" and a little cheese (395) as well as a cup of hot apple cider (110). I had some Keebler Grasshopper cookies for a snack (which remind me of Girl Scout Thin Mints)....Yum (310). For lunch I was still on the sugar wagon and I ate more sweet stuff - that Turkey Hill light ice cream I told you about (Chocolate Moose Tracks) with some whipped cream on top (600). For dinner I ate real food...I had one of my vegetable pita pizzas. I topped this one with red peppers and onions (385).

Oh and I had another good experience today! I was going through the closet in our guest bedroom which is where I keep all our formal wear (we have quite a collection from going on so many cruises) and voila! I found 2 more potential dresses for the gala (in the event the red one isn't fitting quite right). These dresses haven't fit me in years but both fit me great now and are really pretty and one still had the tags on it! I had bought it a long time ago for a cruise we were going on - anticipating to lose enough weight to fit into it - but didn't lose enough weight in time to wear it for that cruise. The other one is a longish dress/gown I had worn on one of the cruises and it fits great. It requires a strapless bra so I am think it's my least preferred of the 3 (I hate bras to begin with let alone strapless ones!). But anyway, between the 3 of these dresses, one will definitely work.

I will wait until the week of the gala to make the final decision. I'll have to base my decision on which one fits best at the time. (Still pulling for the red number, though).


1 comment:

Mama Leone said...

I hate those sweet tooth days! One day is not going to hurt. You'll be over it by tomorrow. Don't be too anger with yourself. You're doing great, great, great!!! I love that red dress.