Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Dreaming of Grasshoppers

Tuesday's Goals
Exercise: Strength
Calories: 1800

Tuesday's Accomplishments
Exercise: Strength
Calories: 1790

Today was a challenging day, so I am proud of myself for staying on program. I woke up and just wasn't in the mood for working out. I wasn't tired or run down or anything...I just didn't feel like working out. But I dragged my butt into the workout room and did a full 1 hour workout, The Firm's Total Body Shaping Mix (which is a pretty challenging one). So I was pretty happy with myself.

I also did not feel like counting calories today...just wasn't in the mood for it and I also got hit with some serious contemplations of going off the wagon. Despite this, I stayed on the wagon and counted my calories. For breakfast I had a toasted bagel, egg, cheese and vegetarian "bacon" sandwich (600). I had a few Grasshopper cookies (which a particular adorable 4 year old nephew known as Mini-Man - LOVES) - (210). I skipped lunch today and had a couple bananas to hold me over until dinner (180). For dinner I stopped at King of Pizza and had 2 regular slices (800).

Speaking of Mini-Man, on Saturday when he was at our house, I asked him if he would like a cookie. His eyes lit up. So first, I pulled out a bag of Lemon Snaps and asked him if he wanted one. He immediately crinkled his nose and said "no" (which I assumed had to do with the fact that the cookies contained lemon - which might make them a health food and therefore automatically unappealing). So I pulled out the package of Grasshopper cookies and said, "how about a Grasshopper cookie?" So Mini-Man furrows his brow and examines the package with this serious, concerned, cautious look and I could tell he was contemplating the merits of cookies that LOOKED like delicious chocolate cookies, but contained grasshoppers. So I clarified that no, they're not MADE of grasshoppers...they are just CALLED grasshoppers. That's all he needed to hear and he gleefully accepted a cookie. He was completely smitten with those Grasshoppers (as is his aunt).

2 comments:

dlvblueyed said...

Mini Man told me that he tried a new cookie called a grasshopper. He was proud that he tried something new and I told him how great it was to try new things--especially funny named cookies(which i love too, by the way).
I understand how you feel about having a morning when you don't want to exercise. I occassionally have those days, especially when my foot hurts. I am so proud of you for dragging youself to exercise. I will remind myself of your determination the next morning that I don't want to exercise! Keep up the good work!

Mama Leone said...

Good job doing the workout even though you didn't feel like it. My day was similar, I had feelings of going off the wagon also, but just adjusted my calories and forced myself to go for a 40 min. walk. Persistence is the answer.