Wednesday, October 31, 2007

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!


Wednesday's Goals
Exercise: Rest
Calories: 1400

Wednesday's Accomplishments:
Exercise: Rest
Calories: 1400

Today was a challenging day to say the least but I am happy to report I stayed faithfully on the program. Since it's Halloween, I decided to surprise everyone at work and bring some treats into the office and decorate the office kitchen for Halloween. Rarely are fun things like this done at our office and unless I do it, it's business as usual on holidays here. It turned out so cute and the whole thing went over so well - people squeeling with delight upon walking into the kitchen and seeing all the decorations and treats. I brought in paper decorations, pumpkin lights, a fake lit pumpkin and turned all the lights off in the kitchen so the only light was from the decorations. Now, here's the challenging part: I also brought in lots of high-calorie goodies that I LOVE - cookies, caramel apples, chocolate candy (Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Almond Joy, Hershey Bars, etc.), cupcakes, pumpkin pie and hot apple cider. And guess what I ate of this stuff? Not a bite.

You're probably wondering how I did it (I know I sometimes wonder myself). I just tell myself, "you can't indulge today because it's a low-cal day, but you have a splurge day coming up on Saturday and you can eat whatever goodies you want then, so just be patient". I am telling you, the only reason I am able to stick on this program and continue to lose weight is because the splurge days keep me from feeling deprived and going off the wagon. There is no way I could deny myself indulging in sweet treats all the time without eventually losing it. Also, now that I have been seeing some really serious results and know that this plan works, it's easier to not go off the deep end on days like this.

But the dietary control does take it's toll on my mental obsessions. I already have my mind set on a particular sweet treat that I want this Saturday. There is a bakery in Westmont called McMillan's and they have the flat-out best cream donuts in the world. Phil and me drove by there the other night and as soon as I saw that bakery (and remembered what their donuts were like) I made a mental note to go back there this coming weekend. That's my motivation to not blow it the rest of the week.






(Can you tell dieting is making me into an obsessive mental case?)


Anyway, today was a rest day so no exercise. I was good with the calories. For breakfast I had a shake (it amazes me I never get sick of them) - 300. For lunch I had the same thing I had yesterday - a shrimp cake sandwich baked in a wrap with mustard and cheese (484 ). For dinner I some fish creole which I had made again this past weekend (491).

No comments: