Sunday, October 14, 2007

Lazy Sassy

Saturday's Goals
Exercise: Cardio
Calories: 3000

Saturday's Accomplishments
Exercise: Rest
Calories: 3000


I woke up feeling a bit run down...worn out from so much exercise the past few days I guess, but also my period had started and I was crampy. So I took 2 Tylenol and went back to lie down for awhile. I just wasn't up for the big workout. I decided to switch my rest day to yesterday instead of today. So now it's Sunday and I decided I will do a workout today to make up for yesterday. I do feel much better today, and more up for a nice workout.

Saturday was my "spluge" day and I won't even post all the foods I ate yesterday. First of all, I don't even keep a record on splurge day. I just eat what I want - it's my "let loose" day and MAN is it great. After a long week of counting, weighing, measuring, notebooking, calculating, figuring and preparing ahead, it's so great to just go with the flow and eat whatever I feel like eating. I will tell you that I had ice cream and grasshopper cookies for breakfast! Oh boy. And we had a family party last night at which I had pizza for dinner with a piece of homemade rich, dark chocolate cake for dessert (outstanding, mom!).

And now my indulgence day is over and all is right with the world. I was saying yesterday that having the indulgence day is the KEY to this program. Without it, I think I would eventually fall off the wagon because I would feel deprived and the measuring, weighing and counting would grate on my nerves too much if I had to do it EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. It's not that it's THAT bad - I mean there are far worse things than weighing and measuring one's food - but I think there is a human need to not be so controlled all the time. Spontaneity and indulgence is a good thing sometimes.

1 comment:

Mama Leone said...

Some times you just need those rest days. But, now you're back on the wagon so all I can say is "Good job Sassy!"