Sunday, October 28, 2007

It Happens to the Best of Us...

Saturday's Goals
Exercise: Strength
Calories: 2000
Saturday's Accomplishments
Exercise: Yoga and Swimming
Calories: Anyone's Guess
____________________

Sunday's Goals
Exercise: Rest
Calories: 1400

Sunday's Accomplishments
Exercise: Rest
Calories: 1403
Well, it finally happened...I fell off the wagon for a day. It happened on Saturday. Well, actually, I didn't go TOTALLY off the wagon. I did do a good workout - when I woke up, I wasn't in the mood to do a video, so I decided to go to the gym and take the yoga class and then swim. (Mom, I thought of calling you to see if you wanted to go, but it was too short notice). Anyway, there was a different instructor than usual and she was okay...not as good as the usual instructor, but I enoyed the class anyway. The swim was nice and I followed my workout with a nice soak in the HOT jacuzzi. Heaven!

I had intended to stay on track on Saturday with my calories, but as the day went on, I just gave in to the desire to go off the wagon. I don't know what it was about this particular day, because I've been on track so well 99% of the time for the past couple months. I guess every once in awhile you just NEED to go off track. I can't even list the things I ate yesterday...I was nibbling on different stuff all day long...partly because I was cooking for company and had to sample everything (and then some!)

The good news is, today I was totally back on the wagon and stuck perfectly to my program. It was a rest day (thank goodness because I was up late last night with friends and was tired today) so no exercise. My calories were just about perfectly on track (only 3 calories over). I had a shake for breakfast (300), a grilled cheese sandwich with a bowl of tomato soup for lunch (613) and a vegetarian "chicken" parmesan pita pizza for dinner (490). I had a sweet tooth after dinner so I made my virtually calorie-free lime soda.

This coming Thursday is my monthly weigh-in and measurement day, so I REALLY am going to stay on track the next 3 days so I can record some good results this month (and hopefully qualify to add the new beach chair charm to my bracelet)


2 comments:

Mama Leone said...

You went off the wagon, but now you are back on. It's hard to stay on the program when you are cooking all kinds of delicious food. Good job getting back on the wagon, and I'm anxious to read your weigh in. Keep going!

dlvblueyed said...

Well, it is fine to have a day when you just go crazy!! I am sure it really won't affect you that much because 2000 calories is a large amount and if you were just nibbling, I am sure you didn't go over that much. Good job getting back on track today! You will have to post Thursday night to let us know what happens, otherwise we won't know for the 10 days we are gone!! Good luck the next 3 days!