Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Little Red Number - a Mini Goal

I thought I would share something fun with you today concerning a short-term goal I am pursuing.

We have a formal event coming up in about a month. The organization I work for is having a 75th Anniversary Gala at the Philadelphia Museum of Art on November 10th (almost exactly a month from now). It's a "black tie optional" affair, so it's a pretty dressy event - gowns or cocktail dresses are appropriate. I was out shopping for fall clothes not too long ago and I came across this dress. I immediately loved it and thought "gala!" A quick look revealed it was size 14. So I tried it on. Well, WAY too tight. The back zipper was nowhere near going up. In fact, I would venture to say that it's not a true size 14 because most of my current clothes are 14s and they fit great -it's probably a 12 in reality.

So obviously, since I have the photo posted here you can see that I did not put it back - I bought it. My goal is to fit into this dress comfortably on November 10th and I really think I can do it. A couple days ago I tried it on to see if it fits any better and guess what? The zipper went up! It didn't glide up easily, but it did go up! When I bought it, there was no chance of that zipper going up. It wasn't even close.

The best thing about this dress? It cost $20. Yep. It was a Ross supersteal! And the photo does not do it justice...the fabric is beautiful and substantial and it's LINED. I don't even want to know how it is they can sell this dress so cheaply and still make a profit. I am looking forward to being the woman in red among a sea of (I am sure) black dresses!

Assuming I fit into this dress and end up wearing it to the Gala, I will post a photo of me dressed in it November 10th.

2 comments:

dlvblueyed said...

I can't wait to see a photo of you in the dress. You were very smart to make a goal of fitting into an acutal item instead of only a weight/measurement goal. I think that really helps.

I am so proud of how hard you are working!!!

Mama Leone said...

I can picture you in that dress - it is you. You will look so pretty in it. Can't wait to see your picture.