Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Gala


Sorry I haven't been around much this past week...I did intend to stay on the wagon, but was intermittantly on and off this past week - probably a little more off than on. At any rate, I don't think too much damage was done, although it's hard to tell since I just got my period and am a little on the bloated side.

Anyway, last night was the gala. Remember I was hoping to wear that gorgeous, red satin dress? Well, the red dress did fit me by last night (hurray!) but I decided to wear a different dress - a black, beaded cocktail dress. The reason I didn't wear the red dress was that after doing a little fashion show for my best friend and hubby about a week ago, they both agreed that the black coctktail dress was more complimentary on me. They put it this way, "with the red dress, they will notice the DRESS. With the black dress, they will notice YOU."

The other thing is, there was a cleavage issue with the red dress (i.e. too much showing) and for a work event, I think I would have felt a little too self-conscious with too much boobage showing. So I think I will save the red dress for a future formal event, maybe for our next cruise or whatever. It definitely will not go to waste!
Oh, and I promise...I am back on the wagon tomorrow.

2 comments:

dlvblueyed said...

You look great in the photo. I agree with the cleavage concerns...sometimes it is easier not to be too self-conscious at a work event.

I am with you this week...have to get back on the wagon. I was off a bit but now back to reality.

You looked great in that cute shirt today!!

Mama Leone said...

Horray, you did it - you fit into that red dress!! You and Phil both look very nice in the picture. I remember seeing that black dress at your house and it was one of my favorites. I know that you were one of the prettiest women at the gala. Good luck with your diet this week.