Wednesday, November 14, 2007

An Unusual (and Exciting) Experience

This morning I had a really wonderful, positive experience when getting dressed for work. I had just come out of the shower and had a robe on. When I disrobed to get dressed, I paused to take a critical look at myself in the mirror to evaluate my physique and guess what my immediate reaction was? I literally thought, "my body looks beautiful!" And then, I was immediately shocked that I had such a reaction because it's been a long time since I looked at myself naked in the mirror and had a completely positive evaluation without some other negative thoughts taking over.

The thing that I noticed was that my shape has become very hourglass and I no longer have a large matronly stomach. Also, all the strength training I have been doing over the past year is starting to show. I can see definition in my shoulders - they are broader (I love that), and more sculpted. I also noticed that my stomach is getting those 2 vertical lines - the beginnings of a six pack! When I looked in the mirror today, I also had the thought that I am getting my old body back...it was like seeing a long-lost friend who you loved but haven't seen in years. I recognized the positive features of my new physique and remembered that I used to have these features before I gained all the weight over the years. And here, I thought they were gone for good and just a casualty of age.

What makes me even more excited about this whole experience today is that I am not even half way to goal and I am already feeling happy about the way I look and feel. I can't imagine how satisfying it will be when my physique is at goal.

1 comment:

dlvblueyed said...

I am so happy for you! You have worked so hard and I am glad that you can see the results. It is sometimes hard for us to see the results in our own body because we look at it every day. Your last photos showed how much definition you have developed in your shoulders!

Keep up the hard work!!