Sunday, November 4, 2007

Successful Sunday

Today was a successful day, diet-wise, although I didn't exercise today. I had a lot of housework and cooking to do today and I was going all day, so I decided not to overdo it with a workout too (that's my story and I'm sticking with it!)

I had 1500 calories today. For breakfast I had the usual shake (300). For lunch I had an eggplant parmesan pizza bagel (565). For dinner I made one of my favorite dishes...Mexican tilapia (tilapia, breaded in a mixture of bread crumbs, wheat germ and parmesan with herbs mixed in, baked and topped with salsa and Mexican cheese, served over rice with a lime wedge, a little guacamole and sour cream (630). I was proud of myself because I could have easily eaten 2 more servings of that delicious fish, but I didn't.

Tilapia is a really good choice for fish. It's very satisfying and delicious, but extremely low calorie (only 27 calories per ounce) so I can really get a substantial meal out of it without loading up on calories.

No comments: