Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sensational Saturday

Saturday's Goals
Exercise: Strength
Calories: 1500

Saturday's Accomplishments
Exercise: Strength & Yoga
Calories: 1570

I had a really good day on the program, I am very happy to say. First of all, I did 2 workouts instead of one. First I did The Firm: Bootcamp 3-in-1 Mix which is a long, challenging strength workout. Afterwards, I really felt like doing some yoga, so I did Crunch Candlelight Yoga and I extended the shavasana (final relaxation) at the end. Perfect! In the evening, I also walked around the mall a little (for about an hour) so I definitely got my exercise in yesterday.

I went over by 70 calories but it was for a pear so I don't feel bad about that. I will explain about the pear in a minute. For breakfast I had a shake (300). For lunch I had an eggplant parmesan pita pizza (513). For dinner I had my favorite salad in the world - one I recently discovered through a recipe in The New Best Recipe Cookbook(my favorite cookbook in the world). It's arugula with roasted pears, walnuts and shaved parmesan (in strips) with an oil and vinegar dressing (680). I made a HUGE salad for those calories. I modified it a little last night...I used the pears unroasted (I discovered I actually prefer them this way in the salad and no butter has to be used) and I used low-fat feta cheese in place of the shaved parmesan - it was just as good and the low-fat feta has only 40 calories per ounce (which is really low for any cheese).

I am not a big salad person. I enjoy them once in a while (usually the fattening ones like ceasar or ones with blue cheese dressing) but generally salad is not something I love to eat or crave. However, I make an exception for this salad. It is OUT OF THIS WORLD. The combination of the sweet pears with the sharp cheese and the crunch of the bitter walnuts with the acidity of the vinegar in the dressing is just outrageously delicious.

And these pears!!!! I bought a different type this time - bosc pears (the ugly brown ones that seem unappealing when you look at them). Wow! Firm AND sweet at the same time. Delicious!

(Can you tell I am hungry right now?)

2 comments:

dlvblueyed said...

Great job with your food and exercise! Sounds like a sensational salad. Since we have that book also, I may try that salad soon. I find that salad is a gerat way to have a larger serving and lower calories if I am having a hungry day.

Hope you had fun at the mall!

Mama Leone said...

Good job with doing two workouts! It's no wonder that you are losing weight quickly. Keep it up. You're looking great.