Thursday, November 22, 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Wednesday's Goals
Exercise: Strength
Calories: 1400


Wednesday's Accomplishments
Exercise: Strength
Calories: 1400

Today is Thanksgiving and hurray! It's a splurge day. What could be better than splurging on good 'ole heavy, starchy, fatty, sugary American comfort food? When you're counting calories 6 days a week, NOTHING!

As for Wednesday, for my workout, I pulled out one of my old favorites, FitPrime's Strong Bear. Haven't done that one in awhile and forgot how great it is - probably one of my all-time favorite video workouts! A toughie with lots of inner thigh work. I am feeling it this morning.

For breakfast I had a shake (300). For lunch I had some pasta primavera (500). Afterwards I had sugar craving and had a handful of jelly beans (300). That left only 300 calories for dinner so I decided to have another shake (300). I didn't feel like cooking and there are not many things one can cook with 300 calories, so I decided to make it easy on myself. With all the extra time I had after "dinner" I decided to put up the Christmas decorations. This was the first year pulling out our "Insta-Tree"! (an artificial tree we bought last year, decorated and after Christmas put a sheet over it fully-decorated and put it in the garage until this year). Pulled it out, plugged it in and VOILA - Insta-Tree! So funny and ridiculous but I love it - it saved us about 2-3 hours of work! Hubby was rolling his eyes at me the whole time and laughing at me, but I know he was relieved to not have the entire house torn apart for an entire afternoon.

I must admit that Insta-Tree isn't anywhere near as pretty as my big, real, meticulously-decorated trees of years gone by, but that's okay. I just don't have the desire to go through all that hassle anymore so it's either Insta-Tree or nothing. Been there, done that.



No comments: