Saturday, November 17, 2007

Friday

Friday's Goals
Exercise: Strength
Calories: 1400

Friday's Accomplishments
Exercise: Rest
Calories: 2000



I was a little off program on Friday. First of all, I felt wrung out when I woke up. This usually happens after 4 straight days of tough workouts. Skating (in particular) has a tendency to wear me out. So I decided to listen to my body and forego the workout.

My calories were on track all day and even through dinner with careful counting as always. HOWEVER, after dinner I was having a terrible sweet tooth attack so I had a couple pieces of hard candy and that set me on a downward spiral. Anyway, my total calories ended up being around 2000.

I decided there's no reason to feel defeated by this. I will simply not take a 2000 calorie day next week. I will substitute in a 1400 calorie day. No damage done! That's the beauty of this program...it's all about flexibility. If you think about it, that's how we should eat when we're not on a program...if you eat a lot one day, you moderate your consumption the next day. The problem is when we overindulge every day.

Anyway, for breakfast I had steel-cut Irish oatmeal. I mixed in a little butter, Whey Low, cinnamon and pecans (434). For lunch I had a black bean burrito (340). For dinner I had breaded tilapia with a side of green beans (with a little butter) and a baked potato (also with a little butter) (625). And then, I went on the sugar spiral.

No comments: