Thursday, November 29, 2007

Catching up

Well, there's good news and bad news. The good news is, I've been completely on track with my exercise. Yesterday I did Cathe Friedrich's Push Pull. Today I went figure skating. And I am continuing to get compliments almost on a daily basis. Today ANOTHER person at work commented and said, "You are REALLY looking good lately!"

The bad news is I fell completely off the diet wagon yesterday. I don't know why. I was just HUNGRY and all I could think about was eating and I had absolutely no willpower to count or limit calories. I am not even going to tell you what I ate. Let's just say it was a lot and I didn't track a damned thing.

On the positive side of things, though, I am back on track and determined not to let this turn into a month long downward spiral. One thing that has been weighing on me in the back of my mind is how in the world I am going to manage December with all the social events (that involve eating) planned. The usual custom is that I go totally off the wagon in December, gain several pounds and then have to get back on track in January. Same story every single year. But this year I am not going there. I worked so hard to take off the weight I have - I don't want to slide backwards. But the fact is, I have about 9 social events on my calendar in December so I had to come up with a plan.

I decided the best way to deal with December is to plan the entire month out instead of going week by week. This way I can really figure out where I need to place the high calories days. Since there are so many of them in December (and they don't conveniently fall one-per-week) I need more calendar "space" to utilize in making my plan. Another thing I did was to shift some calories around to create a larger number of higher-calorie days. The end result, though, is that the calories all add up to 1800/day so no damage will be done.

2 comments:

dlvblueyed said...

Good job keeping up with the exercise. It is a smart idea to come up with a month long plan. That way you are sure not to binge too often to be successful. Good luck and keep up the smart thinking!!

Mama Leone said...

That's a good idea about planning out your calories for a month, especially when you have a lot of events happening that month. There should be no reason why it doesn't work, especially with all the execising that you are doing. Stick with it. I'll be watching and following right behind.