Friday, November 16, 2007

Ice Skating and Hot Cocoa - what could be better?

Thursday's Goals
Exercise: Cardio
Calories: 2000

Thursday's Accomplishments
Exercise: Cardio
Calories: 2010

For my workout yesterday I went figure skating. It was a perfect session - the ice was glass smooth, the temperature of the rink was comfortable, I felt energetic and there were no reckless show-offs aggravating me. I skated for a full hour.

I was on target with my calories. For breakfast I had the same toast/egg/vegetarian "sausage"/cheese sandwich I've had a couple days this week (551). For lunch I went out to my favorite pizza place across the street from work and had 2 slices and can of Coke (1000). For dinner I didn't have too many calories left so I had a grilled cheese sandwich and a cup of hot chocolate (460).

By the way, Hershey's has a new cocoa out called Hershey's Special Dark that is out of this world. It's so dark, it is almost black! I mostly use it to add to my protein shakes to make them extra chocolately but it also makes an outrageously delicious (and dark!) hot chocolate - really satisfies a chocolate craving. This is unsweetened cocoa and it has 20 calories/tablespoon. You can find it in the baking section of your supermarket where they sell regular cocoa.

DARK & DELICIOUS HOT COCOA

Permanent link to recipe

1 cup of skim milk
1 heaping tablespoon Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa
Couple shakes of cinnamon
1 pinch salt
sweetener to taste (for this, I use Whey Low as it tastes better in this application than stevia)

Pour a small amount of milk into a mug (about 1/8 cup). Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Add the cocoa, the salt, the cinnamon and the sweetener. With a fork or small whisk, whisk this mixture really well until smooth (no lumps). Slowly pour in the rest of the milk and whisk. Put back in the microwave and heat for another minute or so.

(150 calories)

1 comment:

dlvblueyed said...

Sounds like a great day and a great drink. Glad to hear that the rink was perfect for you.

Another successful day on the plan for you--you're doing super!! Keep it up!