Sunday, November 18, 2007

Splurging is Sensational

Saturday's Goals
Exercise: Yoga & Swimming
Calories: 3000

Saturday's Accomplishments
Exercise: Strength
Calories: 3000

Since I skipped my workout on Friday (which was supposed to be a strength day), and since I didn't feel like driving to the gym for the yoga class and swimming, I decided to do a strength workout at home instead. I did Jari Love's Slim & Lean, a toughie! Jari tends to go overboard on rep-overkill, so when the reps for any particular exercise seem to be going on for far longer than is necessary for a good workout, I jump on the rebounder and do cardio until she moves on to the next exercise. This actually is better for me anyway, since I really prefer strength workouts that have cardio intervals built in. I feel like I'm getting a more well-rounded workout.

It was a splurge day so I ate whatever the heck I wanted and didn't count calories. I know I list 3000 as my calorie allotment, and I probably should count, but I don't bother. I figure the odds are against me eating more than 3000 calories, since it's a pretty astronomical amount. The "splurge" aspect of the day (i.e. eating what I want without counting calories) is a necessary element for me to stay on this program. The counting, weighing, measuring isn't really difficult, but it does get tedious after several days and it's really great to take a break from it once a week and just go with the flow and be like a normal person. The highlights of my splurge were delicious vegetable lasagna and a hearty slice of chocolate mousse cake. YUMMMMMMM!




1 comment:

dlvblueyed said...

Glad you enjoyed your splurge. I know what you mean about not measuring and counting for one day and how just one day off can give you a new outlook on the week.

Good luck this week!