Monday, December 31, 2007

Oh Happy Day

Well, I am extremely pleased to report both my end-of-month results and my end-of-year-results. Hold onto your seat!

DECEMBER END-OF-MONTH RESULTS:

Weight Lost: 4.6 lbs.

Inches Lost: 4.25 inches
Chest: 1/2 inch lost
Waist: 1 inch lost
Abs: 1 inch lost
Hips: 1/2 inch lost
Thigh: 3/4 inch lost
Arm: 1/2 inch lost

2007 END OF YEAR RESULTS

Weight Lost: 38 Pounds
Inches Lost: 28.34
Chest: 4.5 inches lost
Waist: 5.1 inches lost
Abs: 7.24 inches lost
Hips: 6 inches lost
Thigh: 3.5 inches lost
Arm: 2 inches lost

And now, for your entertainment (and for mine!)...before and after photos. The photos of me in the red top were taken at the start of the program on January 1, 2007 and the blue top were taken today. Sorry they're a little out of order. I can't seem to get this darned Blogger system to line them up as I would like.








So now I would like to make some end-of-year comments about this entire experience. First of all, to say I am happy about the results I have gotten this year would be an understatement. I am ecstatic! This is the first time I have EVER been able to stick to a program and really see it through to the point of getting serious results. The thing I am most happy about is that, in the big picture, all I really changed was cutting back on calories. I've always been an avid exerciser (although those before photos don't really show it with all the extra weight I was carrying) so that wasn't a change. I didn't give up ANY foods (and if you have read my blog, you know that is true). I regularly ate all the junk I love: ice cream, pizza, chocolate, cheese, cookies, etc. The only difference was, I ate these things in portions that fit into my daily calorie allotment, or I ate as much as I wanted of them on splurge days. The key is, though, I didn't give them up. And that's why I have been able to stick with this program.

I also was not on the program every single day of the year. I took three week-long vacations this year in which I did not follow the program at all (I have a rule - no dieting or formal exercise on vacations and I eat as much as I want). In addition to that, I would estimate there were about 5-6 other weeks of the year I was pretty much off the wagon (for various reasons). So to get the results I did with a compliance rate of about 70% for the year just astounds me!

Above all, I am just so happy about my December results. To actually have such a good weight loss during Christmas season, when normally I gain weight at this time of year, plus to lose inches on every measurement was truly a triumph!!!! If you could see me now, you would see that I am just beaming!!!

My goal for this coming year is to continue on the program as I have been. I am not so much concerned with the number on the scale, as far as a goal is concerned although I have a rough figure in mind. I am more concened with size. I am currently a size 12 and my final goal is an 8/10 (closer to an 8), to fit comfortably into my wedding gown and to be more fit than I was when I got married. I know I can reach this goal in 2008 and I hope you will follow along with me.

To all who are reading this, a very happy and healthy New Year and may you accomplish all the goals you set for yourself in 2008!

1 comment:

dlvblueyed said...

I am so proud of you!! You're dedication is really showing and you look great! All of your hard work is leading to a healthier you which is great!! Good luck in 2008 and I will be sure to keep following along!