Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tuesday Temptations

Tuesday's Goals
Exercise: Cardio
Calories: 1400

Tuesday's Accomplishments
Exercise: Cardio
Calories: 1405

I have to say - I am really proud of myself for how I have been handling December so far. As I mentioned the other day, every year December is the bane of my existence and always the undoing of any dietary progress. Every day this month someone at work has brought in delicious goodies, setting me up for the potential for a dietary downward spiral...it's either holiday treats, or someone's birthday, luncheon leftovers, bagels and cream cheese - you name it - but every day it seems there are some kind of high-calorie goodies in the kitchen at work. So far, I have really been disciplined in controlling myself with this stuff. Today is an example. It was a co-worker's birthday so we had a birthday cake. Since it's one of my low-cal days, it was either eat a real lunch or have a piece of cake (my calorie allowance today would not accommodate both), so I opted for the real lunch. I figured as much as I would love the cake, for the same calories the real lunch would fill me up better than a tiny piece of birthday cake which would send me into a sugar crash and leave me hungry. I just keep telling myself, "no need to have this stuff today...tomorrow is my splurge day". And that is the key to my success on this program - the fact that there's always a splurge day around the corner is what makes this program tolerable.

For breakfast I had my usual shake (300). For lunch I had a "grilled" (baked) cheese sandwich on TJ's Tuscan Pane bread with a bowl of that homemade butternut squash soup I made on Sunday (642). For dinner I had vegetarian pizza "burger" on Tuscan Pane with fried onions (413) followed by a couple hard candies (50).

For my workout today I did a rebounding workout - GForce 2. All in all, a very successful day.




1 comment:

dlvblueyed said...

Godd for you for choosing lunch instead of the cake! You did it for all the right reasons and today you can have a piece of cake if you like since it is a splurge day. Keep up the smart thinking!!