Sunday, December 16, 2007

Mahhhhvelous Monday

Monday's Goals
Exercise: Cardio
Calories: 1400

Monday's Accomplishments
Exercise: Cardio
Calories: 1443

Another good day on the program. Hey, considering it is December, I am pretty happy with my compliance rate...almost 2/3 of the month is over and I've only fallen off the wagon a couple days. Most Decembers I am off the wagon the entire month (and then some!)
For my workout I did GForce 2 (rebounding).

I had a shake for breakfast (300). For lunch I had leftover pasta with brussel sprouts and nuts (from yesterday) (533). For dinner I had a breaded tilapia sandwich on a flour tortilla with cheddar and mustard (410).

Usually every Christmas I make chocolate covered pretzels but I was feeling creative on Saturday and decided to make chocolate-covered Oreos instead - only instead of Oreos I used Trader Joe's Candy Cane Joe-Joe's (my new favorite cookie) and also, mixed a little mint extract in the melted chocolate to give them an extra minty taste and then sprinkled them with colorful non-pareils (very pretty)! So I had 2 of those cookies today as a treat. Mmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmm good! (200) They remind me a little of the Girlscout Thin Mints, only better (if you can imagine that). They do have a lot of calories, though! I was very proud of myself for limiting myself to 2 because I really wanted to eat a pile of them. That's the problem with goodies like this - when you're on a low-cal day and have to really limit the quantity, it can be a real challenge.

1 comment:

dlvblueyed said...

The cookies sound great!
Good job only eating 2!! I know how tempting it is to eat some high calorie goodies, but you are doing a great job controlling the urges for the sweet treats. Keep it up!