Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Back in the Game

Well, it's been a few days since I wrote and you can probably guess why. CHRISTMAS! Yes, despite all my plotting and planning, I was sabotaged by Christmas. It started last week after the holiday party at work and kinda spiralled downward from there. I didn't keep track of calories. I overate. I haven't worked out in a few days - mostly due to exhaustion from running around so much.

The good news is, today I am back on the program and am not really beating myself up over it. To counteract some of the damage I undoubtedly have done to my progress this month, I am going very low cal for 5 days. I am allocating myself 1200 a day until New Years Eve. Hopefully that (combined with steady exercise this week) will be enough to take me to the break-even point when I weigh in and do measuements end of month.

Honestly, if I can make it through December with no weight gain, I will be very happy. If I make it through December with any weight loss (or inch loss), no matter how small, I will be ecstatic. It just doesn't ever happen for me, so it will be a real testiment to my discipline this month. Even though I went of the wagon over the past week, I really was on track pretty much the rest of the month, so I am giving myself credit for that. And to be honest, I don't regret one delicious morsel I ate over the past week! It was worth it!

Today I was diligent my calories. I had a shake for breakfast (300). For lunch I had 2 small slices of spinach & ricotta pizza (that I made a few days ago) (600). For dinner I had a large slice of toasted Tuscan Pane bread spread with a mixture of 2 tbs of PB2 mixed with 1 tbs of regular peanut butter and a smidgen of jam (300).

I intended to exercise today. I was going to go to the gym. I even packed my gym bag and everything. First, though, I wanted to stop at a couple stores to get some after-Christmas sales on wrapping paper and stuff, and it ended up to be a 2 hour excursion, after which I just realized I was feeling really run down. I think the holiday exhaustion just really crept up on me, so I went home and lied down on the couch and took a nap the rest of the day. I will go to the gym tomorrow and get back on track with my workouts. It will be much more enjoyable if I am energetic and well rested.
Anyway, to anyone who is reading this.....happy holidays and if you have fitness and/or weight loss goals this year, I wish you the greatest success!

1 comment:

dlvblueyed said...

Good job staying within your calorie allotment for the day! As you said, it is tough to get through the holiday season and at least you have made yourself aware of what you need to do to get back on track. Good luck this week!!