Friday, December 21, 2007

Popping In


The last couple of days have been very busy and I haven't had a chance to do my usual posting. So here I am with a quick report.

On Wednesday I was great with my exercise (I did WHFN's Lean) and good with my diet until after work, at which time I went off the wagon with my diet and had a major candy indulgence. I simply could not stop myself. Unfortunately, this month I cannot rectify that by switching calorie values around because my entire month is already tightly scheduled to accommodate holiday social events. So I will have to live with the results of the "off the wagon" day.

Yesterday (Thursday) was a splurge day so I didn't have to monitor the diet. I did The Firm's Maximum Body Sculpting for my workout. We had our holiday party at work which I ran, so I was running around from the time I got into work until the time I got home and collapsed from exhaustion. This was a party for about 50 people with catering, set-up, decorations, music AND entertainment (we had karaoke which went over great and was a huge hit! Even my boss who is a nice guy but not someone I would describe as playful or fun, got up and sang!) I didn't sit down for one minute yesterday. Needless to say, I am skipping the workout today because I feel like I've been hit by a Mack truck.

I have a dietary challenge today as an additional holiday event got scheduled in. I am meeting a friend for lunch (my ex-boss) - this just got scheduled last week so it's not something I have planned in my calorie allowance. I'll probably have to go over my calorie allowance for today because there's no way can eat lunch out and have my entire day total up to 1400 or 1500. Oh well, like I said...my goal for December is to have ANY positive result...even the smallest result. If I can get through December and LOSE weight or INCHES, I consider that to be an amazing accomplishment (since I usually gain 5 pounds in December and God knows how many inches).

1 comment:

dlvblueyed said...

Sounds like a fun party! I know you want to have more dietary luck than in previous years and I think you will because you are more aware of how you are eating this year. With all of the activity it takes to put together I party, I am sure you burned some extra calories. Keep it up and I am sure you will see some good results!!