Saturday, December 8, 2007

Fantabulous Friday

Friday's Goals
Exercise: Strength
Calories: 3000

Friday's Accomplishments
Exercise: Strength
Calories: 3000

I was feeling a little worn out Friday morning like I needed a break from exercise, so I decided to do a workout that was not as strenous as my usual ones. I pulled out one I had not done in awhile: The Bar Method: Designer Sculpting. It was just the right intensity for my worn-out self - more of a floor work/pilates type workout without tons of physical exertion. I didn't want to skip working out yesterday because I definitely am going to have a rest day on Sunday (because I will be out all day on Saturday for a day trip and I know I will want to rest Sunday) and I really try as hard as I can to stick to 6 days a week of exercise with one rest day whenever possible. So I was happy with myself for doing something on Friday.

Friday was my splurge day and it was probably one of the most enjoyable splurge days I've had in awhile. First of all, I've been dreaming of homemade chocolate chip cookies for the past month or two. I used to bake cookies pretty regularly but now that I am on this program, I don't bake them as often because I can't eat many of them (tons of calories in each cookie). But yesterday I made an exception AND I calculated the calories for the whole recipe so that I can calculate the calories for each cookie for upcoming days when I want to have one. As always I relied on The Best Recipe Cookbook for the recipe and I was not disappointed. The BEST chocolate chip cookies I have ever eaten - no lie. I ate several with a glass of skim milk and I never tasted anything so good.

I had another outrageously delicious eating experience yesterday. I met some former co-workers at The Fountain Restaurant at The Four Seasons for lunch which, of course, is a very upscale, gourmet dining affair. It was a 4 course meal. I can't remember the exact names or descriptions of what I ate but the appetizer was snapper with a potato thingie on the side and a gourmet sauce. Then I had a ceasar salad-type thing. The main course was a crab cake - one of the best I've ever eaten (the only better one I have had was at Le Bec Fin). It was topped with this fried pierogie-type thing and wilted spinach and served with a creamy sauce. For dessert I had creme brulee (my favorite) and a cup of hot chocolate. Oh, and I had a whiskey sour as my cocktail.

Sounds like a ton of food, but it's gourmet stuff so the portions were small. It was just right!

I didn't eat dinner - I wasn't even hungry and figured it was pretty likely I had already maxed out my 3000 calorie allowance.

On the way home I stopped at Steinmart to check out men's clothing. Hubby started a new job this past week and he realized he needs more formal clothes (his new company has a formal dress code, so no more Dockers and polo shirts, sadly). Anyway, I was pleased to see that Steinmart was having a really good sale. Almost everything was 30-50% off. That's the good thing about this horrible economy - the retailers are really slashing prices this holiday season. So in addition to getting some clothes for hubby, I picked up a couple pairs of jeans for myself (I think they wound up being $11 or something each after the sale and a 20% discount coupon I had). Anyway, here's the fun part. I didn't even try them on. I saw them, I liked them, knew that the style would be flattering for my figure and I grabbed them in size 12 and paid for them. I have NEVER bought jeans without trying them on - EVER.

Why did I not try them on? First of all, I was too tired, but also...I knew that if they were too small (which was likely because although I am a 12 now, jeans are almost always a different story) they wouldn't be for much longer.

I went home and tried them on and was able to get them both on and zipped, although they are to tight too wear comfortably. That's okay...they are tucked in my closet and hopefully next month I can wear them. Aside from them, I only have 1 pair of jeans now that fit me appropriately. The fun thing is, when I tried them on and spun around to check out my ass in the mirror, I felt like a teenager again looking at myself in my Sergio Valente designer jeans (they definitely were as tight as my Sergios were, that's for sure!). Of course, my butt is not that small (and I don't expect it ever to be again), but I FELT like I looked like a teenager again. My butt seemed more compact and perky than it has been in recent years. Hubby was standing there when I tried them on and he was nodding approvingly and teasing me in his Austin Powers voice, "yeah, baby!" He knows how excited I get when I try on new things that are in smaller sizes.

So that was my day. A pretty darned good one, I would say.

1 comment:

dlvblueyed said...

It sounds like you had a great day on the program. Sounds like your splurge day was everything it was meant to be and more! I bet you will fit comfortably in those new jeans in no time! I am proud of you for exercising even though you didn't want to! Keep it up and enjoy your day trip.