Saturday, December 1, 2007

November "Results"

Well, I am here to post my November "results" if you can call them that! I didn't expect any big successes in November since I was on and off the wagon with the diet for the whole month. As it turns out, I gained a pound and lost 1/4 inches total (I lost 1/2 inch off my waist, but gained a 1/4 inch on my thigh). So basically, I'd call it a wash and evaluate it as no results in November.

Well, as bad as that sounds, I am not that unhappy about it considering how off the wagon I went a lot of the time. It could have been much worse! I could have gained a lot and really slid backwards.

As always, I try to look at things in the big picture instead of the small picture. In the big picture, I am at 11 months on the program (with, I'd estimate, 70% of that time on the wagon) and in that amount of time I've gone from a size 18 to a 12, lost about 35 pounds and about 25 inches. Sure, it could have been MORE if I was on the wagon the entire time, but you know what? I'd rather make slow, steady progress and enjoy myself a little than to make super quick progress and have to be ridgid 100% of the time. So that's my rationalization for today to make me cope with my lack of progress in November. See how the mind works?

Now December is really going to be a test. I have my month planned out, but there is a special tension underlying December - it's a frenetic time with lots of extra excitement, rushing around, eating opportunities at every corner. So I am really going to have to buckle down this month to be on the program. I would like to end December with some progress and not have it be another November.

Speaking of results, I credit exercise for my breaking even in November. Had I not been diligent with my exercise in November, I guarantee you I would gained a lot more weight and probably inches as well! Exercise saved me from really sliding backwards.

1 comment:

dlvblueyed said...

I would say congratulations are in order for being aware of your need to exercise consistently and for making a plan for December. You are very smart to look at this as a process not just month to month. I think you are doing a great job overall and you should be applauded for all of your efforts and accomplishments over the last 11 months. Keep it up!!