Sunday, December 30, 2007

Satisfying Sunday

Sunday's Goals
Exercise: Strength
Calories: 1200

Sunday's Accomplishments
Exercise: Strength, Cardio & Swimming
Calories: 1240

Well, this is my last day before my monthly (and annual!) weigh-in and measurements! My calories were only 40 calories over my allotment, although once again my food choices weren't perfectly healthy all day (that's okay...they don't need to be on this program). For breakfast I had an egg, cheese and vegetarian "bacon" sandwich on a slice of Tuscan Pane bread (422). For lunch I had pasta with marinara sauce and grated cheese (326) and then I just couldn't resist...I had another piece of that heavenly fudge truffle cheesecake (450) followed by one miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cup (42). That was it for the calories so again, I had to skip dinner.

Speaking of the Fudge Truffle Cheesecake, my friend Carol sometimes sends me recipes that she has tried and that she thinks are outstanding. She gets her recipes on the AllRecipes web site. This particular cheesecake is truly to die for, so I am posting the recipe link here. I made this cheesecake for Christmas but there was a lot left over (it's a very large cheesecake and it's very rich so you can only eat a small piece at a time), so that's why I've been chipping away at it this week.

For my workout today I went to the gym again. I did 30 minutes of cardio, alternating between the elliptical machine, walking & running around the track and rebounding. Afterwards, I did about 50 minutes of strength training (free weights and Nautilus) and then I went to the pool. The pool was PERFECT today! I checked the thermometer and it was something like 90 degrees. I slid right into that pool today with no hesitation. It was wonderful. And as always, I ended my gym visit with a nice soak in the hot jacuzzi....ahhhhhhhhhh....I will sleep well tonight!

1 comment:

dlvblueyed said...

Sounds like you had a great day both with food and exercise. I am really impressed by your ability to stick with the low calorie days! Good luck with the weigh in and measurements. I will be waiting to read about your fantastic results!!!