Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Sleepy Wednesday

Today was a tough day because I was tired and unmotivated. I had class last night and whenever I have class, I have a hard time getting to sleep afterwards because my mind is so revved up. I try to sleep later the next morning, but I am one of these people whose body has an internal alarm clock which wakes me up automatically at the same time each morning, regardless of how late I went to sleep the night before. I never use an alarm clock - that's how reliable my internal alarm is.

So anyway, despite the sleep deficit, I dragged my sorry butt into my workout room and did a tough workout this morning - The Firm: Super Sculpting. Don't ask me why I chose a tough workout like this instead of an easy one - I guess now that I am back on the wagon, I really felt like challenging myself.

Today's Calorie Goal: 1400

Breakfast:
The usual chocolate-peanut butter - banana protein shake with add-ins: malt and PB2 (350)

Snacks:
I needed sweets today so I didn't eat a normal lunch. I indulged on Peppermint Patties, jelly beans and mini caramel rice cakes (645). Sounds like a lot, but believe me 645 calories of goodies doesn't amount to that much, volume-wise.

Dinner:
bean & vegetable burrito (I pretty much used this recipe but left out the shrimp and added sauteed veggies instead) (412).

Today's Calorie Total: 1407

1 comment:

dlvblueyed said...

Nice work with the tough work out even though you were tired! You did a great job sticking to the calories amount even with your splurge at lunch. Keep it up!!