Saturday, January 5, 2008

Fit (but Falling off the Wagon) Friday


Friday's Goals
Exercise: Strength
Calories: 1400

Friday's Accomplishments
Exercise: Strength
Calories: ???

I had an "off the wagon" day on Friday with my diet. I was good with my exercise...I did Cathe's Supersets in the morning (one I haven't done in awhile). I did fine with my diet until after lunch. I just really needed to eat candy for some reason and then it spiralled out of control for the rest of the day. This happens to me from time to time. The good news is, it doesn't happen that frequently anymore so when I get into this sense of desperation I just roll with it.

Unfortunately, my calendar won't permit me to move calorie days around this week as I have some social outings planned, but to be honest, I don't think 1 "off" day this month will derail me that much - I usually do end up with at least a couple "off" days (above and beyond my planned splurge days) each month. Look at December - I was off for about 9 days and I still got a good result, so I am not going to beat myself up too much. To be completely honest, it was worth it!

I did get 2 compliments yesterday. Friday is casual day at work and we usually wear jeans, so I was wearing one of my new pairs of (size 12) jeans. In the morning, hubby (in the funny Mr. T. voice that we sometimes tease each other with) said "lookin' mahhhhty fine in them jeans!" Then, at work, our receptionist (who was walking behind me down the hall) said, "you are really getting thin! Wow...it's really noticable when you wear jeans!" Love those kinds of comments!

Actually, before any of these compliments, when I was getting dressed on Friday I have to admit I was feeling really good about how those new jeans fit me. It's hard to describe, but I was having these flashback feelings to when I was a teenager and would slip into my designer jeans (I know I'm showing my age here) and how they just hugged my butt (and I was happy about it because my butt looked good). I am okay now with clothes hugging my butt because my butt doesn't feel huge to me anymore. In fact, all the working out has really done wonders for it! It sits high and is nice and firm and round (I know, I'm venturing into gross territory now). Anyway, I thought to myself, "all this work is really paying off." It is such a great feeling and worth every workout and every calorie calculation!

1 comment:

dlvblueyed said...

So happy to hear you got compliments on your new jeans!! I agree--one day off the wagon isn't going to derail your whole month. Keep up the good exercising and I am sure it will work out in the end!!