Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Get out the shorts


Tuesday's Goals
Exercise: Cardio (skating)
Calories: 1400

Tuesday's Accomplishments
Exercise: Cardio (walking/running)
Calories: 1412

Well, given that the weather was spring-like yesterday, I decided to forego the skating and exercise outdoors instead. I know - I don't like walking, but I do on January days that are in the 60's!

So I strapped on my IPod and spent my lunch hour doing alternating walking and jogging for about an hour. I walked/ran all over the U. Penn campus. I am getting to know that campus by heart at this point. The great news is that my fitness level has really shot up. Running is almost effortless for me now. I could probably run the entire time (or close to it) but I don't want to beat up my body that much (I know running is bad for the joints and feet) so I figure alternating running and walking will give my heart a nice workout.

My calories were just about on track too. I couldn't handle the 1200 level (although I intended t0) but I did stay just about to the original 1400 allotment. I had a shake for breakfast (300). For lunch I had a pita pizza which I topped with veggies (peppers, onions & mushrooms) (442). For dinner I had a breakfast sandwich - 2 scrambled eggs on Tuscan Pane bread with 1 slice of vegetarian "bacon" and a little cheddar (460). That would have been 1200, but I was DYING for something sweet so I had 5 miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (210).
A good day!

1 comment:

dlvblueyed said...

Great choice with the running/walking! I am like you and have a hard time passing up being outside on the nice weather days---especially in the middle of winter. Good job staying to the 1400 calories. The 1200 amount is tough so don't worry about it. Kepp up the great work!!