Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Cruisin...

Today's Exercise Goal: Strength Training

I decided to do Michelle Dozois' Your Best Body Circuit again. Love this workout! In fact, I would say it is close to perfection as far as workouts go. Fun, challenging, decent music, strength + cardio, about an hour long, lots of variety, no rep overkill. I feel totally worked out after this one.

Today's Calorie Goal: 1400

Breakfast:
The usual shake (350)
Lunch:
A Quaker "Oatmeal to Go" bar (220)
Pretzels (80)
Treats:
Peppermint Patties (187)
Jelly Beans (150)
Dinner:
Bean and vegetable burrito with salsa and cheddar (412)

Total Calories for Today: 1399

I think being back on the wagon fully is starting to pay off because I've noticed in the last week the compliments have been starting up again. I must have dropped some weight this past week. 3 times over the past week I have received comments on looking "skinny" (which always makes me smile 'cause I am far from "skinny", but still!)

I feel completely motivated now and on the ball with my program. I think I am finally over the stress about my masters thesis because I really am making good progress on it now and have a clear plan for getting it done, plus now that we have that cruise coming up in May, I have a really tangible goal. I'd LOVE to look smashing, trim and fit for that trip. I might just have to buy myself a sexy cocktail dress for formal night and hmmmm....maybe a new sexy bathing suit! We shall see.

1 comment:

dlvblueyed said...

Great job on the program today!! I agree, having a tangible reward or goal makes it much easier to stay on the wagon. Keep up the good work!