Sunday, March 16, 2008

Scumptious Saturday

Saturday's Exercise Goal: Yoga

I decided I felt like going to the gym on Saturday so I went to Bally's and took the yoga class - something I haven't done in awhile. Prior to that, I did 40 minutes of cardio, alternating running/walking with elliptical machine and rebounding. What I did was, I was listening to my IPod and I would do one activity for an entire song and then move to the next activity. Kept things interesting.

Saturday's Calorie Goal: Splurge Day

I had a great splurge day! The highlights were pizza for lunch and for dinner we went out for Thai (my favorite). I always order pad thai, even though I am always tempted to try other things. I just love pad thai so much.

An interesting thing about the gym....I weighed myself on the scale there and it says I am about 7 pounds lighter than my scale at home. Both scales are digital, although the one at the gym is a large, stand-up scale, whereas my scale at home is a small floor model. I am not sure which one is accurate but there is a huge difference between them. (I hope the gym scale is the accurate one!)

I also have an exciting announcement. I finished my masters thesis this weekend. Or, I should say, I finished the revisions (I had already finished the draft a couple weeks ago). I have already decided that this is it...I am not changing it further, so I hope my advisor will be happy with it (he already said it was very good but suggested a couple changes which I made). So that's a big load of stress off my shoulder. I still have another paper to write for the class I am taking so now I really have to turn my attention to that, but I hope to have that done in the next couple of weeks.

1 comment:

dlvblueyed said...

Great job with the exercise! Sounds like you had a fun splurge day and enjoyed yourself. Congrats on finishing your thesis!