Saturday, March 29, 2008

A Good Start

I had a really good start back on the program and I really am going to seriously try to stay on track.

I went to the gym today and did 40 minutes of cardio (alternating the elliptical machine with walking and running around the track), followed by yoga class (1 hour) and then 15 minutes of swimming. After that, I took a nice soak in the jacuzzi. It felt great, but wasn't as hot as I like it. I really like it at around 104 degrees and it was about 100 today (those 4 degrees make a big difference in how great it feels and how well it relaxes me and works the kinks out). The jets are really strong in this jacuzzi and there is NOTHING better than sliding down into that jacuzzi and putting my shoulders and neck right up against those jets. Oh man, paradise!!!

My calorie goal today was 1400 and I was right on track (which is always hard on these super low-cal days).

Breakfast: the usual chocolate banana protein shake (300)

Lunch: baked red bliss potatoes topped with sauteed onions and poblano peppers and cheddar cheese (578)

Dinner: Breaded tilapia, roasted green beans, egg noodles with a little butter and parmesan (522)

Total Calories: 1400

By the way, this is the first time I prepared green beans this way and MAN! DEEEEEEELICIOUS!!!! I don't think I've ever tasted green beans this delicious. They get all brown and carmelized and yummy. Here's the recipe if you want to give it a try:


ROASTED GREEN BEANS

Trim the tips off some fresh green beans

Toss them in a bowl with a tiny bit of olive oil (just enough to give them a light sheen)

Sprinkle some kosher (coarse) salt on them and toss.

Spread them out in a single layer on a cookie shake

Bake at 425 degrees for about 30 minutes, turning the beans with a spatula every 10 minutes or so to ensure they brown evenly on all sides.

When the beans are nicely browned, tender and carmelized, remove from oven and serve. Trust me, you won't be disappointed!

1 comment:

dlvblueyed said...

Sounds like a great day at the gym! I will definitely try the green bean recipe--sounds great!

Keep up the good work!