Friday, September 28, 2007

Too Wiped to Workout


Friday's Goals
Exercise: Strength Training
Calories: 1500

Friday's Accomplishments
Exercise: None
Calories: 1500

This morning I was feeling run down from too much exercise so I decided not to work out. I am really careful about overdoing it. When my body feels tired and overworked, I let it rest. I love to exercise, but I am not so obsessed that I will wear myself down.

I was right on target with my calories today. For breakfast I had my usual shake (300). For lunch I had a veggie burger on high-fiber bread with roasted veggies, cheddar and mustard (500) followed by 2 jawbreakers (50). I made a really yummy dinner tonight - panko/wheat germ/parmesan/bread crumb crusted tilapia (400) with a side of mashed potatoes (135) and roasted vegetables (147). After dinner I had a glass of my homemade lemon soda to take the edge off my sweet tooth.

2 comments:

dlvblueyed said...

It is so smart of you to listen to your body. Sometimes you can't succeed without a bit of rest. You work so hard that you deserve a break.

Good job this week!

SassyFitnessBug said...

Thanks. I agree - rest is essential!