Sunday, September 23, 2007

An A+ day


Hubby and me played tennis this morning. Wow - what a GORGEOUS day it was! Every year, right before fall, I am simply in awe of how beautiful it gets. I don't know why, but the beauty is a surprise to me very year. I am really looking forward to October which (I think) is the prettiest month of the year. I love the vibe in October - the whole Halloween thing really appeals to me.

Anyway, we played 10 games (I won this time) and felt like playing more, so we played a round of 5 more games (hubby won). After that, I felt pretty beat.

My diet was a little odd today, but I did stay within my calorie limit (1400). For breakfast, I decided to make some banana bread. We had some really ripe, spotted bananas on the counter and I usually peel and freeze them for my breakfast shakes, but I already have a good supply in the freezer. So banana bread it was! I tried a new recipe from the Passionate Vegetarian Cookbook (the recipes in this book tend to be a little more on the healthy side than other cookbooks) and we really liked the way the banana bread came out. It was moist, but not greasy, and lightly sweet. I toasted mine and smeared some peanut butter on it. YUMMMMMMY! It was so good, I had 2 servings. (616)

Since I had so many calories at breakfast (for a 1400 calorie day), I decided to try to forego lunch and save the rest of my calories for dinner. Luckily, I was able to stave off hunger by drinking some of my homemade stevia-sweetened lemon/lime soda and chewing some sugarfree gum. By 5:00 p.m., though, I was really hungry. Hubby had already eaten, so I cooked just for me. I decided I felt like having breakfast for dinner. I know, very weird, but that grilled Tuscan-Pane-vegetarian bacon-egg-cheddar sandwich I made the other day was calling my name, so I made a nice big one (775). And that was it for my calories for the day. Again, not a veggie in sight today. Oh well. I can't beat myself up over that. At least I am sticking to my program.

2 comments:

dlvblueyed said...

That sandwich sounds yummy!! Good for you for sticking to your 1400 calories. I am envious of you playing tennis. I enjoy that sport. As for getting the kids to do cardio for 30 minutes, they seem to give up. I often dance with them in the winter and that is good exercise for us all. Sometimes I exercise in the basement and they like to use the treadmill. We all go bike riding sometimes, but of course not all of them want to ride bikes at the same time.

Keep up the good work!!!

SassyFitnessBug said...

Yes, I can imagine how hard it would be to corral 3 kids into doing ANY activity together! Especially at their ages.

Since you love to play tennis, maybe you and I can play together some day on a weekend. (Don't worry - I'm not that good)