Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sunshine, Friends & Food


It was an absolutely BEAUTIFUL day on Saturday - the kind of day dreams are made of - sparkling sunshine, temperatures in the 70's, a soft breeze, leaves starting to turn. It was the perfect day for an outing. My hubby and some friends and me went to Ridley Creek State Park, a beautiful state park in Pennsylvania, for the day and hung out. I took some really pretty pictures.

We did a little hiking, played some paddleball, hung out and talked and right before we left the park we made some funny videos of us singing stupid commercial songs, and videotaped some "original" commercials as well. Our sides were splitting from being in stitches.

Anyway, I was proud of myself because earlier that morning I did not feel like working out AT ALL but I talked myself into it. I told myself, "you didn't work out on Friday and you'll probably be too tired on Sunday to work out, so you better work out today or you'll have three days in a row with no exercise". My rule is that I must do 5 days/week of exercise MINIMUM (and preferably 6) to consider myself sucessful on my program. So I dragged my sorry butt into the workout room and did Fitprime's Weights First. This is an out-of-print video that's hard to find these days (maybe sometimes on EBay) but it's a good one. Tough as nails! It SHOULD be called "The Death by Lunges, Squats and Leg Presses Workout". It's a butt and leg blaster!

Saturday was also my 3000 calorie SPLURGE day - my favorite day of the week as far as the diet goes. As I mentioned before, I don't actually count calories on my 3000 day. I just forget the diet altogether and it is wonderful. It's probably the main thing that keeps me commited to this program. I can't even remember everything I ate yesterday. I didn't have a real breakfast...I just snacked on different things from breakfast through lunchtime. For dinner, we drove from the state park to Media which is one of those adorable main street Pennsylvania towns that you visit and then long to move there. We walked around and found a Thai-French Restaurant. I had my favorite...pad thai with shrimp and a side of coconut shrimp. DEEEEEEELICIOUS! Psychologically I really wanted dessert (they had creme brulee on the menu...my favorite) but I was simply too full.

No comments: