Saturday, September 22, 2007

A Good Day


Saturday's Goals:

Exercise: Tennis
Calories: 2000

Saturday's Accomplishments:

Exercise: None
Calories: 2000

My body was feeling like it needed a rest (worn down from too many days of exercise in a row), so I decided to take my rest day on Saturday instead of on Sunday.

I did stay on track with my calories. Of course, it's pretty easy on a 2000 calorie day. For breakfast I had eggs, vegetarian bacon and cheddar on my favorite bread - Trader Joe's Tuscan Pane and then grilled the whole thing in a little butter (675). MMMMM MMMMM MMMMM! I'll tell you, as good as those chocolate protein shakes are, there's nothing better for breakfast than this concoction. And that Tuscan Pane bread is the best bread I have ever eaten...especially when used to make grilled sandwiches. If anyone reading this is a Trader Joe's shopper, you simply MUST try that Tuscan Pane bread. It is to die for.

After breakfast I had some chai made with skim milk (150). I buy Trader Joe's brand chai - the stuff that comes in the canister. They now have an unsweetened version so you can sweeten it as much or little as you like. This is great because I can use Stevia instead of sugar and save some calories. Plus, their regular sweetened version is a little TOO sweet (even for a sweet tooth like me).

I had to run some errands yesterday and got really hungry so I had a Snickers bar for a snack (250). For dinner I had a nice big plate of cheese tortellini topped with marinara sauce sauteed with mushrooms, garlic and onion and with grated parmesan on top (925). Afterwards, I was craving chocolate (I always crave chocolate after Italian food for some reason) but I restrained myself.

No comments: