Thursday, September 27, 2007

Pita Pizza and a Compliment


Thursday's Goals
Exercise: Ice Skating
Calories: 1400

Thursday's Accomplishments
Exercise: WHFN Fast Cheetah (Cardio workout)
Calories: 1400

Unfortunately, my schedule did not permit time for skating today so I did a cardio workout instead. I did WHFN's Fast Cheetah workout. This is a fun, mostly-cardio workout. I noticed I felt a little sore today from yesterday's workout - especially in the butt, so if anyone reading this wants a workout that really blasts the butt, you may want to try Tom Holland's workout.

I was right on target with my calories today. I had my usual shake for breakfast (300). For lunch I had a veggie pita pizza (435 calories, recipe below) and a couple of jawbreakers afterwards to settle down my usual post-pizza sweet tooth (50). For dinner I had Yankee Bean Soup and a cheese sandwich on - what else - Tuscan Pane bread (602).

Something encouraging happened at work today. I passed a colleague in the hall and she said, "you're getting skinny!" SKINNY???? I think that adjective is a little strong, but I'll take it! :)

Anyway, I thought I'd post my pita pizza recipe. I make this all the time and take it to work for lunch (it's great baked in the toaster oven). It's really good and moderate in calories (for pizza).

SASSY'S VEGGIE PITA PIZZA

1 round 8" pita bread (I like the Greek type)
1/4 cup jarred marinara sauce
A handful of chopped veggies (I like onions, mushrooms and peppers)
1 tbs grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 ounces grated part-skim mozzarella
Garlic powder
Italian seasoning

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a piece of aluminum foil or a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and lay the pita bread on top. Spread the marinara evenly over the pita bread. Sprinkle with garlic powder and Italian seasoning to taste. Spread the chopped veggies evenly over the sauce and sprinkle the tablespoon of parmesan evenly over the pizza. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over top. Bake for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges of pita are golden brown.

(435 calories)

No comments: