Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tough Tuesday











Today I did a really good strength workout - Jari Love's Ripped 1000 (a toughie!). I was really proud of myself because I was not in the mood to work out today, but I selected a tough workout and did it.

My calorie goal was 1500 which is always a little tough, but I did well. I had a protein shake for breakfast, a grilled cheese and vegetarian "bacon" sandwich for lunch (with a side of Cheez-Its), a peach, a fudge pop and for dinner I had some shrimp creole (leftovers from a meal I cooked over the weekend). Total calories for the day: 1580

Speaking of fudge pops, can I just say THANK GOODNESS for them? The ones I buy are only 80 calories each and they are intensely chocolate. They really save me from going totally off the deep end. Chocolate is probably one of my biggest weaknesses and something I constantly crave, so having a low cal chocolate fix is really a lifesaver.

My other big weakness is cheese, but cheese is pretty easy to incorporate into my regular meals without it causing excess calorie issues.

1 comment:

dlvblueyed said...

Great job staying within your limit. I am glad that you found a chocolate treat that lets you stay on track. Keep it up!