Monday, September 8, 2008

Stir Fry Sunday

Well, back to reality on Sunday - it was a 1400 calorie day. :(

I simply had too much to do yesterday so I skipped the workout. I had shopping and lots of housework to do, so I decided that would be my exercise for the day. Doing a formal workout plus all the chores would result in running myself into the ground.

My calorie goal was 1400 and I was just 50 calories over. I had a protein shake for breakfast, a bowl of Campbell's Tomato Soup and a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch. For dinner I made an awesome stir fry. This weekend I discovered this new Asian supermarket near my house (it is about size of a regular supermarket and I was the only Caucasion shopping there - good sign!) I stocked up on all kinds of sauces, noodles and other stuff. Anyway, last night I put the ingredients to good use. The stir fry was made of an assortment of veggies, seitan (vegetarian "meat") and rice noodles. For the sauce I used soy sauce, chili paste, rice vinegar, sesame paste and ginger. It was delectable! Oh, and I had a 50 calorie popsicle after dinner because I had a raging sweet tooth.

1 comment:

dlvblueyed said...

Glad you enjoyed your food shopping. I know what you mean about shopping and house work being enought to skip a work out! Great job!