Monday, September 8, 2008

Manic Monday

Mondays are always tough, but especially when it's a low-cal day (1500), which it was today.

I've been getting a little bored with my workout collection, so I purchased a few new workouts recently. I did one of them this morning - Angie Miller's Strength & Core Fusion. This was one tough workout!!! OMG, I was literally cursing at some points, it was so tough. There were lots of compound exercises which were strength-oriented, but also kept the heart rate up, so it was like doing strength and cardio simultaneously. Not sure if this workout will become a favorite. It's definitely a thorough workout, but it seemed to be lacking the fun factor. Also, the instructor is somewhat annoying as she talks NON-STOP through the entire workout. I mean there isn't one second in this video where she is not talking. Grates on my nerves.

My diet was right on track today. For breakfast I had my usual protein shake. For lunch I had a veggie burger on whole wheat bread with sauteed onions and mushrooms, topped with cheese, ketchup and mustard. For dinner, I had 2 toasted English muffins with peanut butter. For dessert I had 1/2 frozen banana dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with peanuts (I made these popsicles over the weekend). Total calories for today was 1525.

1 comment:

dlvblueyed said...

Good job keeping the calories within range. I know what you mean about getting bored with the same videos. It is always good to buy some new ones for a change!