Thursday, September 25, 2008

Doing well

So far I have been doing really well this week. I've worked out every day so far, whenever possible doing that extra walk at lunch time. I went back to the ice skating rink on Tuesday - that was a lot of fun. I haven't been there in months. I realized that it's a lot more fun when I don't go so frequently - it feels more exhilirating. I was surprised at how quickly I reacclimated to ice skating. I feared I would be a little rusty and unsure of myself, but I wasn't.

I was proud of myself yesterday. I woke up feeling pretty run down, headachy (PMS) and I was also a little short on time, but I dragged myself into the workout room and did a workout anyway. I did Michelle Dozois' Your Best Body Circuit- only the "express" version (the DVD contains 2 workouts - the regular 1 hour workout, and a condensed 30 minute workout).

On cardio days, since I know I will have my fitness walk at lunch, that leaves my mornings open, so I've been doing yoga in the morning. It's great to do yoga. I usually don't do it that frequently because it doesn't really fit well into my schedule of alternating days of cardio & strength (which I do not want to sacrifice). I LOVE yoga, though. It makes me feel so chilled out and I think it helps to keep me on the program because it has a soothing psychological effect on me.

My diet has been on track too. As I mentioned, the next month is going to consist of mostly 1400 calorie days with a few 3000 calorie days sprinkled in on days when we have social/eating occasions. The 1400 days are truly a challenge and not that easy to do, but it's worth it if I can have my splurge days. So far this week I have been right on track.

1 comment:

dlvblueyed said...

Sounds like exercising was fun on ice skates! Keep up the good work