Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Mexican Tuesday

I woke up so sore Tuesday morning. I am telling you - that workout on Monday was just killer. The backs of my upper legs were particularly sore.

Despite having sore legs, I took a 35 minute power walk for my cardio workout.

My calorie goal was 2,000 on Tuesday. I am not 100% sure how I did with the calories because my lunch was at a Mexican restaurant so obviously I couldn't count calories, but I think I was able to estimate pretty closely. It was an upscale place with small plates (tapas), not the usual American/Mexican grease pit type place. I had some tortilla chips, salsa and guacamole to start (not nearly as good as the guac and salsa I make at home, to be honest). I also had a very small serving of ceviche (probably 1/2 cup, if that) with tortilla chips and another small appetizer that I would describe as a small flatbread with sauteed mushrooms and a smidgen of cheese. For dessert I had a very small piece of tres leches cake, which was about the size of 1/2 cup. Oh, and I also had a Mexican soda. I estimated this lunch at about 1,200 calories.

I only had about 500 calories left for dinner and I just felt like having some ice cream, so I had 1 ice cream sandwich and some fudge popsicles.

My total calories were right around 2,000 (estimate).

1 comment:

dlvblueyed said...

Sounds like a nice lunch! Great job staying within the calories for the day. Nice job exercising even though you were sore.