Sunday, September 7, 2008

Scrumptious Saturday

Yesterday was a fantastic day! It was my splurge day and also my rest day, so no calorie counting and no working out. I'll tell you, all those days of lower calories and exercise are worth it for that one treat day each week.

So I ate all kinds of crap yesterday - I can't even remember all that I ate but I ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted with no measuring, weighing, counting or writing anything down. Although my diet was mostly crap during the day, I did make a fantastic (and healthy) dinner. I love to cook and quite a repertoire of wonderful things I make, but this is probably my favorite of all the dinners I make:

FISH TACOS

Breaded tilapia fried in a little oil (the breading is a mixture of panko bread crumbs, regular bread crumbs, wheat germ, grated cheese and herbs.)

Homemade guacamole

Homemade salsa

Wrap the fish, guacamole and salsa in a warm, soft tortilla, squirt some lime juice over the filling and sprinkle with cheddar. MAJOR YUM! I mean, this is about as good as anything we eat in Mexico. FANTASTIC.

1 comment:

dlvblueyed said...

Glad you enjoyed your splurge and rest day combo. I love fresh guacamole too! Dinner sounded awesome. Have a great week!