Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Trying Hard to Stay on the Path

I've been doing pretty well the last few days, although I just haven't had time to blog. As far as exercise goes, I've been doing great. Last week I only missed one workout and that was only because I felt wrung out and like my body needed a rest, so I worked out 5 days of the week. As for the diet, I didn't do so great over the weekend, but otherwise, I did well the rest of the week.

Thinking back to last week, my biggest challenge was dealing with ravenous hunger. I am not talking about just WANTING to eat. I am talking about stomaching-growling hunger. I think my body is still in calorie reduction shock and it's rebelling. That's why I had a hard time sticking with my calorie levels every day last week.

I am going easy on myself because I realize there is a re-adjustment period and therefore I am cutting myself some slack. I am keeping in mind that I am moving into the right direction. The workout schedule is back on track and I am being conscious about trying my hardest to stick to the calorie plans.

Monday the goals were 2000 calories and strength training. For my workout I did FitPrime's "From the Ground Up" (one of my favorites). I had a shake for breakfast, pita pizza topped with veggies for lunch (plus a cup of soda), a couple popsicles for a snack and for dinner I had pierogies with steamed broccoli and fried onions. My total calories were right at 2000.

Yesterday was a 1500 calorie day, which was challenging, but I did well. I had a homemade egg McMuffin for breakfast, a veggie burger topped with fried mushrooms and onions for lunch, some cherries for a snack and for dinner I had some spaghetti with marinara sauce and the rest of the leftover baked eggplant I made last week. NO junk food yesterday. My total calories were about 1550. My workout yesterday was FitPrime's "GForce2" (a rebounding workout).

1 comment:

dlvblueyed said...

Great job realizing what your body needs to do to get back on track. I am proud of you keeping with the calorie count on the 1500 day because I know that can be rough.