Thursday, August 7, 2008

Toughing it out

Yesterday was a successful day for me. I did a really great strength training workout in the morning - FitPrime's "From the Ground Up". My calorie level was 1400 yesterday, which of course was a challenge, but I did well. For breakfast I had a protein shake. At lunch I had some leftover filling from the stuffed peppers I had made the night before (which I made from quinoa, veggies and a little cheese). I also had a handful of cherries (yum!). For dinner I made baked eggplant and had it along with side of pasta and marinara sauce. I had a single-sized fudgsicle for dessert. My total calories for the day was 1440 so pretty good!

My period is over today so I hesitantly got on the scale. I am ashamed to tell you this, but I am going to tell you for the sake of keeping myself honest...over the last 6 months I have gained back 20 pounds of the weight I had lost when I got down to my lowest weight on this program. Isn't it amazing how easily it piles back on if you are not diligent? Well, truthfully I was beyond not diligent. I was off the deep end, so that's the reason. Anyway, I am hoping that being really diligent on the program will get me back to my old level of progress and then move forward from there.

No comments: