Thursday, May 15, 2008

Workin' Hard

It's been really hard getting back into the program but I have been good with it so far. There are several reasons it is particularly challenging this week.

1. After eating so much on the cruise for 7 days straight, not to mentioned having been off the wagon prior to that for some time, my body still thinks it's in feeding frenzy mode is wants to eat, eat, eat!

2. Coming back to work has been nothing short of a pile of stress. I am backlogged with e-mails, voice mails and a foot-high pile of mail to get through...all of which generate more work.

3. I got my period on Monday so I have been PMS-ing.

4. I am a little under the weather (probably brought on my the aforementioned stress).

Despite all this, however, I am DETERMINED to stay on the ball because I am so disgusted with how far backward I have slid.

My workout goal for Wednesday was cardio. Because a beautiful weather forecast was planned, I decided to save my workout for lunchtime and at lunch I took a nice 50 minute power walk wearing my IPod.

My calorie goal was 2000 and it wasn't the healthiest eating day, but I did stay on track.

Breakfast: shake (300)
Lunch: breaded tilapia on Tuscan Pane bread with cheese and mustard and a small side of Doritos (720)
Dinner: junk! I had a big bowl of lite ice cream with malt and whipped cream and a pile of Oreos (don't ask. Just needed it). (1000)

Total Calories: 2020

No comments: