Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Long Time No See

Well, I've REALLY been off the wagon since you last heard from me, I am sorry to say. I just wasn't able to get totally back on board until every aspect of school was completely over and right after that, we headed off for a 7 day cruise, which is essentially a 7-day feeding frenzy. I have really backtracked on my weight loss and have gained a bit back which I am a bit disgusted about. But would I take back the fun I had getting to this point? Nope. When it's all said and done, it was worth it. But now I am definitely paying the price.

We got back from the cruise 2 days ago. Yesterday I spent the day doing laundry, grocery shopping, downloading photos and generally getting things back in order and today is my first day back to work and back on the program. I decided I really need to get back into blogging regularly to keep myself accountable, so here I am.

So here are my goals for this week (my week is going to run Tues - Mon).

Tuesday, May 13: strength & 1400
Wed., May 14: cardio, 2000
Thurs, May 15: strenth & 1400
Fri., May 16: cardio & 1400
Sat., May 17: gym (strength, yoga and swim) & 3000
Sun., May 18: rest & 2000
Mon., May 19: strength & 1400

And now some happy news to report...all my hard work with school paid off. I am graduating with straight A's and my master thesis was approved "with distinction"! So I guess that makes my backward slide worth it.

Oh, and I should point out that I exercised every day on the cruise. On the 3 sea days I went to the gym and did a full strength and cardio workout. On the other days I swam every day and one day in port, we walked about 3 miles. So there was no shortage of exercise, but sadly exercise is not enough to control weight.

P.S. The photo above is me on the cruise dressed up for the first formal night.

No comments: