Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Back on Track

Sorry I haven't checked in in awhile, but things have been a little hectic again and I've been having a hard time concentrating.

Mostly what has been taking up my concentration is finalizing my masters thesis. My advisor and I have been going back and forth for the last month or so and these past few days I have been working to get that thing finalized and approved. The good news is....yesterday I submitted my final revisions and he sent me a message saying my project is approved "with distinction"! So I am taking that to mean it's considered above average. To say I am relieved and happy is an understatement. This project has been the equivalent of carrying around a 100 pound weight on my shoulders and now it has been lifted!!! The only thing remaining as far as that project goes is that I have to give a 10 minute presentation (along with some other students who are finishing up their masters) on the 22nd. No big deal. I just hope I can put together a decent, fairly comprehensive summary in 10 minutes. It's a 50 page paper!

Another huge relief occurred just yesterday. My advisor is also the professor who teaches the class I am taking. He said he took a look at my paper (which I recently finished and put up on a web site) and he says it looks "great". So I think I can safely say that that project is now officially behind me.

As for the diet and exercise, I have to admit it has not been good the past few days. I've only been about 50% compliant with the exercise (yes, I know that is unusual for me) and the diet has been out the window. HOWEVER, today is a new day and psychologically, I am feeling like my life is regaining some semblance of normality and there's definitely a big reduction in stress now, so I am really going to try to be back on track.

2 comments:

dlvblueyed said...

Glad you are finally "free" and can be less overwhelmed with school work. Good luck as you get back on track!

dlvblueyed said...

I hope now that you have successfully completed the projects that have been hanging over your shoulders that you continue to be successful with your exercise and diet goals!